ads

Chapter 16 Skill acquisition




 We left the city and moved to the grassland.


 Lapis is equipped with a bow, and Finne is equipped with a Cane.


 These are items I took from my inventory. Both are starting weapons with an appropriate level of 1.




"Oh, that's right. I forgot about learning skills."


"I'm sure you learned it from the adventurer card, right?"


"That's right. Can you both show me your adventurer cards?"




 Then both of them showed their adventurer cards.


 let's see.




 ――――――――――――――――――


 Lapis

 Rank: F

 Level 1


 STR: 1

 VIT: 1

 INT:1

 AGI:1

 DEX: 2


 ――――――――――――――――――




 ――――――――――――――――――


 Finne

 Rank: F

 Level 1


 STR: 1

 VIT: 1

 INT:2

 AGI:1

 DEX: 1


 ――――――――――――――――――




 Ooh...what a status...


 I didn't know it was this low. No wonder they'd lose to slimes.


 But, even if your stats are low, you can do anything depending on your equipment and skills.




"Well, for now, let's try learning skills from Lapis."


"I got it"




 When Lapis touched the adventurer card, the "Skill Tree" was displayed.


 You can check the current skill acquisition information on the skill tree.


 "SP1" is displayed in the upper left corner, indicating the current amount of SP (Skill Points).




"There's nothing written here..."


"Well, you haven't learned any skills yet. But the skills you haven't learned are displayed at the bottom, right?"


“Ah, this.”




 Skills that have not been learned are shown in semi-transparent gray text.




“There are three displayed, but which one should I choose?”




 Since Lapis is currently equipped with a bow, she have archery skills.


 The initial bow skills are "Power Shot'', "Magic Arrow'', and "Long Shot''.


 Currently, this is all she can learn, but as your level and proficiency increase, the number of skills you can learn will increase.




"Hmm, that's right..."


“The power shot seems powerful, but should I choose this?”


"No, you should use the magic arrow here. You can leave the other things for later. You don't have to remember that."


"Why not?"


"Because you won't be using it later."




 Initial skills are useful in the early stages, but tend to become obsolete as more skills are acquired.


 In the end, people often end up using higher-level or more convenient skills.




"Magic Arrow is a very useful skill that can be used until the end. That's why you should learn it first."


"Is it that powerful?"


"No, it's not that it's particularly powerful. But the biggest advantage is that it doesn't consume arrows."




 yes. Magic Arrow is a skill that uses MP to shoot instead of arrows.


 The power itself is not that high, but it is easy to use and can be used in all aspects.




"I see. In an emergency, I can shoot without an arrow."


"That's right. That's why you should take it first."


"Got it"




 Lapis chose Magic Arrow and learned the skill.


 At the same time, the SP display becomes 0.




"Okay, next is Finne. let's do the same. Just show the skill list like Lapis did."


"Yes."




 Finne displays the skill tree, but...




"Wow. A lot of things came out!?"


"That's expected."




 For Finne who is equipped with a cane, the initial skills of the cane system are displayed side by side.


 The cane system has the most initial skills among all systems.




"Um...um...what should I do?"


"Calm down. As I said earlier, the skills of the cane system are complicated. However, there are many useful ones, so none of the skills will ever go bad."


"I-I see..."


"Why don't you just choose based on your intuition? They're all strong, so it won't make much of a difference."


"Uh, um... Fireball, Fire Arrow, Wind Shoot, Ice Shot, Ice Bolt, Poison..."




 I was looking at the skill list while grumbling.


 This might take some time...




"...I've decided. I'll make it a fire arrow."


"Well, that's a good choice. It's less powerful than Fireball, but when charged, it becomes highly powerful. Not bad."


“Does this attack with something like an arrow?”


"That's right. It's the type that creates fiery arrows and shoots it at the enemy."


"Yeah. I'll take this."




 Surprisingly, she decided quickly.


 I thought it would take a little longer.




"Why did you choose that? hunch?"


“Um, uh…I just wanted to feel like onee-chan…”


"Like Lapis? What do you mean... oh, I see."


"Huh? What do you mean?"


"Onee-chan uses arrows, so I kind of wanted to match her..."


"Finne..."




 I see. Is that the criteria for judgment?


 They get along well and it makes me smile.




"Now the preparations are complete. Now let's practice."


"I-I'll do my best!"


"Y-yes!"




 Hmm...as for an affordable monster...that's fine.




"Lapis. Try attacking the slime over there with your bow."


"That one, okay..."




 Draw your bow and aim at the slime.


 and……




"Eee!"




 Fire at the slime.


 However, her aim was off and the arrow fell near the slime.




“Oh, I missed...”


"It's like that at first. Don't worry about it. You still have arrows, so you can keep shooting them."


“I'll hit it next time."



 Until she gets used to it, the accuracy will probably be terrible.


 But with practice, she should be able to improve.




"Finne, you try too. It's good to get used to newly learned skills."


"Yes. I'll try."




 With that, she turned towards the slime that Lapis was targeting.


 Then activate the skill.




“Um…《Fire Arrow》! Yay!”




 When the skill was activated, a fiery arrow was created in the palm of her hand.




"If you keep it in that state, you can charge it. For now, try shooting with one."


"Ye-yeah!"




 The fire arrow launched from the palm of her hand was aimed at the slime.




"Wow! I did it!"




 The arrow hit the slime and was able to kill it with one blow.




“Eh, ah, what?”


"Wow. You hit it right away. Nice job."




 Certainly, for a slime, one arrow was sufficient.




"Wow, that's amazing! Did Finne do it just now?"


"Uh, yeah. It was my first time doing it...and I got it right."


"As expected of my sister! You must have some talent! Amazing!"


“D-don’t praise me like that…ehehe.”


"Okay. I can't lose either!"




 Yes Yes. It feels good to be motivated.


 It's a big difference from yesterday when they struggled against the slime.


 If you equip weapons properly and master your skills, you can fight.


 Maybe there's real talent here.


 I'm looking forward to the future, this is exciting!






If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

ads